Sunday, February 12, 2012

Outfit of the Day for LNYF: Gold Sequin Skirt and Cognac Booties

These professional-quality photos are rare gems for me since I do not own a nice camera or camcorder.  That's where my wonderful, generous friends auspiciously come in with their nice cameras and save the day!  I would have instagrammed (or instagramed?) this outfit if Angie from Pandaphilia had not found me, prepared with her camera ready to shoot.  I took this rare opportunity eagerly and had a blast talking to her about all things fashion and makeup.  I gave up talking to Jerry about fashion and makeup long ago, so you have no idea how glad I am to have Angie, friends, facebook, instagram, and the blogging community to talk to when I need vent, laugh, smile, and go crazy about the fashion/makeup world.

Many people tend to shy away from sequins because they can look gaudy and just "too much," and I was no different.  Until J.Crew changed my mind.  When I saw this skirt on sale and styled by MANY bloggers raving about this skirt, I was seduced to try on this bad boy (or girl, to be gender neutral).  Let me just tell you...when the sequins are done right on a skirt, they can actually be one of the most versatile pieces in your wardrobe.  It adds texture, shine, earthiness, playfulness, sophistication, and edginess to an outfit, all at the same time.  I can't stop grabbing for this skirt during the weekends (sadly I can't wear sequins to work).  The skirt is a bit snug on my waist (a size 0 would probably have been a better fit), but the length is perfect on me.  No regrets in this purchase!

I am admittedly a terrible model, but Angie and her freaking amazing camera (Canon Rebel T2i with the Canon 50mm f/1.8 USM lens) made me look great!:
The purty rose is an early birthday present from Tonya A.! And I didn't even have to perform in LNYF for you!  ;)

This was actually the first photo she took of me, and I was so oblivious to her sartorialist-esque photoshoot....of my behind haha



Black 3/4 sleeve V-neck Sweater (size S)...................................Guess (old)
Brown Tights.......................................................................Express? (old)
Gold Dust Sequin Skirt (size 00)......................................................J.Crew
Cognac Booties (size 7)....................................................Adrienne Vittadini
 Peacoat in Pumpkin (w/Thinsulate) (size 0)...............................J.Crew (old)
Montrose Antoinette Bag in Mulberry........................................Kate Spade

Face: Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette (Target); Lancome's Teint Miracle Foundation in Bisque 2(C); CoverGirl and Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer; Rock and Republic Exhibition Pressed Powder in Chiffon
Eyes: MAC Solar Bits in Impassioned; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Tease, YDK, and Busted (from Naked 2 palette); MAC gel liner in Blacktrack; Waterproof Maybelline Full and Soft Mascara in Very Black
Bronzer/Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Exposed
Lips: Kate Spade Supercalifragilipstick in Fuschia Fete
Nails: Essie Nail Polish in Borrowed and Blue


I know this shout out is a little late, but everyone in LNYF did a fantastic job in your performances!  One of the best LNYF's I have ever seen, seriously!

heart, alice

p.s. I would LOVE to follow you on Instagram!  @alimei16

6 comments:

  1. you look PHENOMENAL, alice! thanks for being such a doll and seriously anytime you need outfit photos come find me :) you're such a pleasure to shoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was hunting for a sequin skirt and yours is so awesome! goes especially swell with your jacket =) you did well xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so gorgeous!!! I love the hair and the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning pics!super cute post!! i really love your style!!

    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog :) I love this look! And also your recent H&M buys...if you like my blog, do you want to follow each other? :)

    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete