Thursday, July 5, 2012

One Outfit Idea for a Wedding Guest


Oh hello 3 months later...

My friend's wedding in late May was such a Pinterest-worthy wedding, and I was incredibly grateful to be there to share her special day.  Story: I put together this outfit 2 hours before the wedding after my friend decided last minute to wear a more formal dress.  Originally, I planned to wear a minty chiffon shirtdress because I knew my friend was really down-to-earth and would probably hold a down-to-earth wedding.  My thought was that I wanted the bride to be the center of attention, not my outfit.  But ultimately, I'm glad I made my outfit a little fancier or else I would've felt out of place.  The other guests were dressed fancier than I was, even with this upgraded outfit!  I'm not usually at my parent's home, so the top and shoes were such lucky finds around the house that worked with the neutral skirt.  


Thank you Wendy for helping me shoot this video!

What I wore:
Top......................Abercrombie & Fitch (size S) (bought this when I was in high school!)
Skirt.......................Adele nude double slit skirt from Club Monaco (size 2, but too big)
Belt....................................................................................Mango (size XS)
Earrings..............................................................................Nordstrom Rack
R hand Silver Arm Candy.........from South Africa (yes, the country) (top), H&M (bottom)
L hand Gold Arm Candy...................Alisa Michelle via Hautelook (top), H&M (bottom)
Shoes.....................Gianni Bini from Dillards (size 7) (used to be my junior high school
prom shoes.  Danced all night in these and still insanely comfortable)

Hope all yall's July 4th celebration was a blast!
heart, alice

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous! i can't imagine anyone looking fancier than you there, though this is fancy in the sense that it's so simple yet headturning. your shiny belt = my barracuda senses are tingling :) i miss you girl! so happy to hear your voice again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the barely-there pink color :) just stumbled upon your blog and I really love it!
    x


    D a n i e l l e | daniellewu.com
    ps. I am hosting a giveaway on my blog and I would love it if you won! :) Enter to win artwork by Mui-ko!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hon! I'm actually lovin' your blog too. it's very different from all my other subscriptions in an awesome way. looking forward to reading more posts.

      ps you're from st louis? I'm studying in st louis!

      Delete
  3. LOVE the skirt! Soo cute! You look adorable :)

    ♥, Jo
    http://www.StyleAt30.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty outfit! i love that skirt!!! gotta find a dupe! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to find a dupe too for my friend. Since a dupe has been so hard to find, I was thinking of finding a nude maxi skirt and then just cutting 2 slits lol

      Delete
  5. Wow, I love your braid and that off-shoulder top! Very elegantly bohemian. :)
    I really like your blog! Hope we can keep in touch~

    ♥ x i x i a | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete